Mobility in History
The Yearbook of the International Association for the History of Transport, Traffic and Mobility
T2M—the International Association for the History of Transport, Traffic and Mobility—is the leading international association for historical mobility studies
T2M’s mission is the establishment of a collegial association of scholars, practitioners and concerned citizens to encourage and promote an understanding of the historical interaction between transport, traffic and the mobility of people, material objects and ideas. The association invites participation from anyone sharing an interest in its activities. Membership of T2M ensures a vital connection with like-minded individuals and institutions around the world. The association provides an international forum through the biannual Journal of Transport History and Mobility in History, the T2M Yearbook, through its newsletter and listserv, and through its annual meetings in Europe, North America and elsewhere. It also supports travel to meetings by new researchers; awards for scholarly essays (the John Scholes Prize) and oral presentations (the Barker and Robbins Prize); and collaborative educational efforts with other educational organizations.
Membership is managed by the Association. In order to become a member, please go to the T2M website: www.t2m.org
Regular annual membership fees are €80 and €45 for students. There is also special rate for members from developing and emerging countries of €45.All applicants for the reduced fee must email the treasurer directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Benefits for Individual Members include:
- A print and online subscription to the Journal of Transport History.
- A print copy and online access to the T2M Yearbook.
- Reduced subscription fees for Transfers: Interdisciplinary Journal of Mobility Studies.
- Discounted registration at annual meetings.
- A quarterly electronic newsletter.
- Access to the special member area of the T2M website.
- Summer schools.
T2M encourages organisations and institutions interested in transport, traffic and mobility history to become involved in the Association. Membership of T2M ensures a vital connection with likeminded individuals and institutions around the world.
Benefits for Institutional Members include:
- A print subscription to the Journal of Transport History (published by Manchester University Press in the UK, the Journal has been a leading title for more than 50 years and offers an international forum for peer-reviewed publications on mobility history).
- A discounted registration at the annual meetings: individuals who are members of organisations subscribing to T2M are allowed to register at the conference at the members’ rate.
- The possibility to place a stand at the annual meetings (which has to be arranged with the local organisers).
- The possibility to follow the high-quality papers presented at the annual meetings, and also the work of the thematically based special interest groups.
- A quarterly electronic newsletter.
- From 2009 a yearbook will be part of the membership benefits, with the goal of providing an annual overview of the field’s scholarship.
- Institutional Members can include details of their events in the Newsletter and on the Website.
- Presenting the Institutional Member in T2M’s Newsletter: the Newsletter runs a series of profiles of IMs, in which they introduce themselves and their aims to readers; each issue of the Newsletter carries the logos of IMs.
- Presenting the Institutional Members on T2M’s Website: T2M’s website features the IMs’ logos and provides some information about the organisation and a link to the organisation’s own website.
Give your organisation an important advantage by joining in the debate in this rapidly developing historical field and become an institutional member of the growing T2M network: The membership fee is €220.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do my T2M Membership benefits include?
Members will all receive: a print and online subscription to the Journal of Transport History; a print copy and online access to the T2M Yearbook, reduced subscription fees for Transfers: Interdisciplinary Journal of Mobility Studies; discounted registration at annual meetings; a quarterly electronic newsletter, access to the special member area of the T2M website; and invitations to summer schools.
Is there a student rate?
Yes, as registered student you are entitled to a reduced membership fee. All applicants for the reduced fee must email the treasurer directly (email@example.com).
How long does an T2M membership last?
T2M membership lasts one year and runs on a calendar year basis. In practice, this means that if you join any time during the year you will be enrolled for that full year (e.g., if you join in June 2015, your membership will run until the end of December 2015).
How do I receive the T2M Journal of Transport History and Yearbook?
A printed copy is supplied to each Individual T2M Member: Membership to the T2M is tied to a yearly subscription to its flagship journal Mobility in History. When you become a member of the T2M you will automatically receive the journal for each year of membership. Any issues that have already been published will be sent to you right away; upcoming issues will be sent as soon as they are available.
The online edition is available to all paying members of T2M. Please log in here for access.
How do I join T2M?
To join the T2M, please follow this link to the Association Membership page http://t2m.org/about-2/become-member/
How can I find out about or attend an upcoming conference? Do I have to be a member?
Conferences are open to all those who are interested in attending or submitting a paper. Members are entitled to a reduced registration fee and you must be a member to attend or present a paper: http://t2m.org/registration/
For further information about T2M contact the T2M Executive Secretary: Manuel Zirm by email firstname.lastname@example.org telephone +49 (030) 314-23508.
- Berghahn Books on Facebook
- Berghahn Books on Twitter
- Berghahn Books on Tumblr
- Berghahn Books on Vimeo