Berghahn Journals is partnered with IngentaConnect to deliver online content
- Newly published issues are already fully accessible to active library subscribers.
- The online archive, to which libraries have full access for the duration of their active subscription, has also moved to the IngentaConnect platform. In addition, with the move to Ingenta this archive was significantly expanded with additional back files, where available, added.
Online access provides a range of benefits:
- Free searching and browsing of all Berghahn Journals content;
- A robust, stable platform with industry-standard tools and state-of-the-art features, including ToC alerts and RSS feeds as new issues are posted;
- Live OpenURL compliant links to and from major Indexing and Abstracting resources;
- Comprehensive end-user advantages including social bookmarking and citation manager exports.
Librarians: Once registered with Ingenta you must remember to activate your subscription to your Berghahn Journal: www.ingentaconnect.com/about/librarians/activating_subscriptions
Any technical difficulties should be referred to Ingenta in the first instance: www.ingentaconnect.com/about/help/index
Please refer to the following pages for information on how to access the online issues.
Institutional subscription access
Please remember to ensure that a signed license agreement is on file with Berghahn.
Berghahn Journals supports the NISO-sponsored SERU initiative (Shared Electronic Resource Understanding): www.niso.org/committees/SERU. Institutions registered with the NISO/SERU and wishing to subscribe to any Berghahn Journal may forego a traditional licensing agreement and operate under SERU Recommended Practices and should notify Berghahn accordingly.
If a license is required, please then refer to the standard Berghahn Journals license agreement:
View the 2010 Academic License agreement (PDF)
Please refer to the institutional registration page to access the online content that accompanies your subscription.
Individual subscription access
Indivdual online access applies only to these journals: Anthropology in Action, Asia Pacific World, Israel Studies Forum, Projections, Sartre Studies International
For access instructions for individual subscribers to these journals, please refer to this page*
*Email firstname.lastname@example.org for online access setup. Please make sure to include order information, agency information, if applicable, and an email address for the library administrator responsible for the account along with IP ranges. Once your subscription status has been reviewed you will receive an email confirming the activation of your account or otherwise outlining any next necessary steps.